Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kit Cosmo Rides Again!

My BF, MaGee, called this morning. "Kit Cosmo...Put on that colorist glove, my gray is screaming at me in the mirror!" After reminding her that Easter is just around the corner and we have a month 'til her "shin-dig", we should shoot for the second weekend in April. Awesome! "I also need you to make me an appointment with your nail lady at the end of the month," she said. All over it..I have an appointment the Thursday before the "shin-dig". I'll book you with me. Anything else?
This "shin-dig" I speak of is an engagement party for her beautiful daughter who will be getting married in January 2011. Here's where the Kitchen Cosmetologist and my education come in handy. L'Oreal makes a product called Colour Expert. It's one kit with tint and bleach for high lights. Great kit! I've used it for years. Last spring, I talked her into it. Lightening up her muddy brown hair was exactly what she needed. Besides, if she didn't like it...color over it!
Now, a word of caution to those without the license. Do not attempt this kit on your own. Have a buddy standing by to help. For myself, I usually grab Hubby or Teenage Daughter. Doing the back of your head is difficult and it helps to have another set of eyes to check for areas missed. The second warning I have for you is for the consistency of your hi-lites. L'Oreal gives you an applicator wand in the kit that closely resembles a large mascara wand. That's great, but if you have too much product on the wand, you'll end up with "spots" and what we in the trade call "bleeding". Not a pretty result. I also recommend using a small glass bowl to mix the bleach powder and developer. It makes it easier to load the applicator wand more uniformly allowing for more consistent hi-lites.
I love this kit!!!! Love, love, love it! The tint is some of the most natural looking I've found in an over-the-counter color. The powder bleach mixes smooth, doesn't stink, and won't swell once applied. They give you a super deep conditioner to protect your new color from fading. It's good, but if you have fine hair, I recommend using it once a week or about every third wash. It will make your hair hard to style, weighing it down. 4 1/2 out of 5 stars!
Enjoy!
P.S. I don't wash my hair every day. It's fine and color treated. The more you wash, the quicker your color will fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment